Translation of official documents :
What exactly is a “certified translation” of an official document?
For our purposes, an official document is a statement in writing issued by a government or a recognised authority confirming a person’s status or identity, or certifying a fact. Governmental, judicial and academic institutions in Belgium and generally require a certified translation of any official document issued abroad.
In Belgium, the translation of official documents is subject to strict rules, which may be summed up as follows :
• An official document must be translated by a certified translator. The translation of an official document must be accompanied by a statement signed by the certified translator to the effect that it was produced in accordance with trade practice, and is an accurate reflection of the original
• The certified translator must imprint the appropriate seal on each page of the translation and on the signed statement mentioned above
• In many cases, the original and the translation must be signed and sealed together
Steps to follow :
- Scan each official document in high resolution
- Forward these scans to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please remember to indicate your desired timeframe and your contact information
- We will contact you promptly to discuss your project
You are struggling understanding the procedures and the requirements of a public administration, contact us for free advise and guidance :
Official translation : types of documents covered
Each year, Quebec welcomes a large number of immigrants, who must submit various official documents to obtain residency and integrate into the province’s society. Here are a few examples :
• Property deed and lease
• Passport seal or stamp
• Divorce certificate
• Marriage certificate
• Birth certificate
• University degree or certificate
• Financial document and bank statement
• Medical record
• Divorce decree
• Official judgment
• Letter of recommendation
• Licence and permit
• Driver’s licence
• Academic transcript
• Record of employment
• Criminal record check
• Corporate status
• Will and testament
• Visa, immigration document and customs document
How to obtain a certified translation :
To request a certified translation, you must provide us with the original document you want translated, whether the hard copy or a digitized version with a high resolution. One of our translators will affix the seal to the original document and attach this to the certified translation, which will also bear the translator’s seal.
The translator will also produce a letter of attestation attesting that the translation was produced in compliance with accepted practices.
We will send you the certified translation, the original document and the translator’s letter of attestation within one or two weeks, depending on the complexity of the work and your place of residence.
Your needs, our skills :
Do you need an official document issued by a foreign government translated for submission to a government body in Belgium?
You’ve come to the right place!
Call us now at +32 489 28 15 07 or email your documents to email@example.com
Our certified translators will be pleased to assist you.
A Professional language services :
We place very great importance on confidentiality.
Since we are subject to the same type of professional secrecy as physicians, attorneys and psychologists, our certified translators do everything to protect the confidentiality of your documents.
You can trust our team; your strategic information is in good hands !
Qualified, conscientious professionals
Our language professionals have only one goal : quality.
Drawing on their university education, our translators, editors and revisers all humans, not machines have amassed a combined total of 15 years’ experience.
Your constraints, our ability to adapt
We are very attentive to our clients’ needs and we understand your reality.
That’s why we provide unmatched client service.
In particular, we can :
• Complete your assignments quickly, without compromising quality
• Deliver our work the same day, where possible
• Adapt to the electronic file formats your business uses
Competitive rates adapted to your reality
Quality has its price, but your budget also has its limits.
Don’t like hidden costs and unpleasant surprises ?
Neither do we !
That is why we offer :
• Flexible, personalized rates as well as economies of scale
We also offer discount to :
• Non-profit organizations listed with the Registre des entreprises de Belgique
• Charitable organizations
• Asylum seekers
All services you need
As your trusted partner, we want to contribute to your success.
A value-added service without paying more !
To optimise communication, we assign you to a project manager who becomes your single contact person for all requests.
In brief, we make every necessary effort to ensure your company’s local, national and international reach.
Translation Services provides you with a range of professional linguistic services :
• Advertising adaptation
• General and specialised translation
Mob : + 32 (0) 489 28 15 07
Tel : + 32 25503475
Fax : + 32 2 550 34 76
Place du Champ de Mars, 5
Tour Bastion - Etage 20
Metro station : Porte de Namur
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening hours : Monday to Friday 09:00 - 18:00
Contact / Quote
Contact us now for a free quote